An overview of software and hardware needed to successfully complete the course.
- Web browser - your choice
- Word processor - your choice
- Multimedia platform - Adobe Flash CS3 - must be purchased.
Flash CS4 is available but this course is based on CS3.
- Image editor
- Recommended - Adobe PhotoShop CS3 - must be purchased (v. CS4 should also be fine)
- Free alternative - GIMP
(NOTE: no instructions for GIMP are provided in this course)
- Sound editor - Audacity (free)
- Virtual world client - Second Life (free)
Online service accounts
These are all free at a basic level; additional capabilities are available for a fee.
- Computer - must be capable of running the required software
- Sound recorder
- Recommended - digital audio recorder
- Alternative - use computer
- built-in (recorder or laptop computer) or
- Optional, but likely to be useful
- Portable USB storage device
Citation: Clark, G. C., Clark, G. C. (2009, March 19). Required tools. Retrieved May 20, 2013, from Notre Dame OpenCourseWare Web site: http://nddev.educommons.net/computer-applications/applied-multimedia-technology/required-tools.
by the Contributing Authors.
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons License.